Policies & Countermeasures Regarding COVID-19
In accordance with the spread of COVID-19 in Japan, Marubeni Techno-Systems Corporation hereby announces the following policies and countermeasures intended to deter the further spread of the virus and to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees. These policies are already in effect.
1. The following policies are enacted with regard to working and commuting:
(1) Strong recommendation of avoiding rush hour commutes and teleworking to prevent infection.
(2) Giving additional “paid day off for supporting family members”.
(3) Cancellation or postponement in holding or participating in of non-essential training, seminars or other such events.
2. The following policies are enacted with regard to business trips:
(1) Overseas Business Trips: all will be cancelled or postponed.
(2) Domestic Business Trips: To the extent possible, we recommend refraining from going on any non- essential business trips within Japan.
3. In cases where employees or family members of employees (or other) are confirmed to be infected:
(1) If our employees become infected:
a) The employees in question are not under any circumstances to come to work.
b) If our employees become infected, as a general principal, other employees working in the same office space (who could have been exposed to the virus) shall work from home for at least one (1) week (this time period may be extended on a case by case basis).
(2) If family members living with our employees become infected, the employees in question must work from home for a period of two (2) weeks.
(3) In cases where employees of other company become infected, our employees who contacted directly to the employees in question (who could have been exposed to the virus) shall work from home for at least two (2) weeks.
(4) In cases where employees located in the same building as our employees becomes infected, we should exercise the best judgement following the advice/guidelines of their landlord, including closure and disinfection of the building.
The policy of Marubeni Techno-Systems Corporation will continue to be the deterrence of further infection, as well as the safety and wellbeing of our employees, business partners and clients.
Taking into account the policies of the national government and local municipalities, we will continue to consider the deployment of additional policies if deemed necessary.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this time.
March 9, 2020
Marubeni Techno-Systems Corporation